Saturday, July 2, 2011

Suspicion/ Diction

"All that I can tell you today is that it's for a good reason.  A very important reason.  But if I tried to explain it to you now, I don't think you'd understand.  One day, I hope, it'll be explained to you."  This quote was said by Miss Lucy concerning why Madame takes the kids' things.  I am really curious why Madame is taking their things and I think it is really strange.  I just want to know the reason!

Also, I am confused why words are spelled incorrectly in the book.  For example, these words are all spelled incorrectly: "honour, rumours, humoured, realise, and favourite.  I feel that these are spelled wrong for a reason, and it has to do with the diction.  However, I do not get the point of spelling them incorrectly.  Hopefully I will discover later!

1 comment:

  1. The novel is set in London. It's being told in the vernacular of the British. They aren't misspellings.

    ReplyDelete