Friday, July 8, 2011

Ruth and Kathy's conversation/ conflict

"You must know what I mean.  Tommy doesn't like girls who've been with...well you know, with this person and that.  It's just a thing he has.  I'm sorry Kathy, but it wouldn't be right not to have told you."  Ruth said this statement to Kathy.  She was talking about how Tommy would never like Kathy like a girlfriend time because she has been with too many guys.  Even if this is true, I think it is a very mean thing to say to a friend, or anyone for that matter.  I think that Ruth is jealous of Kathy and Tommy's friendship.  I feel that this is why she said this rude comment to Kathy.  She does not want Kathy to be around Tommy anymore, so Ruth said this so Kathy would be mad with Tommy!  I feel that Ruth and Kathy's friendship is ended.   However, I feel Kathy and Tommy will find each other later on in life.

This situation also demonstrates a conflict.  A conflict is the struggle between opposing forces or characters in a story.  Ruth and Kathy actually get into many conflicts within the story.  I am not sure if they truly understand what a good friendship is!

No comments:

Post a Comment