Monday, July 4, 2011

Implied Metaphor/Smoking and Pregnancy

"Even if we were being shown a picture of a famous writer or world leader, and they happened to have a cigarette in their hand, then the whole lesson would grind to a halt."  The metaphor "grind to a halt" really helps to express in a different way that the lesson stopped.

"You've been told about it.  You're students.  You're...special.  So keeping yourselves well, keeping yourselves very healthy inside, that's much more important for each of you than it is for me."  This quote was said by Miss Lucy.  It is very suspicous, and if I was the kids I would have most likely asked what that is supposed to mean.  I feel that the "guardians" want them to be healthy for their organs.  It's really creepy!

Also, the kids are cannot get pregnant!  I am a little confused why, and it is very upsetting.  Hopefully, I will figure out the reason!

1 comment:

  1. I'm starting to notice a trend of multiple quotes in the same post. But your analysis of those quotes is 1-2 sentences, which doesn't get the depth required.

    ReplyDelete