Friday, July 8, 2011

The end/Third Person Omniscient Point of View

"I lost Ruth, then I lost Tommy, but I won't lose my memories of them."  At the end of the story, Tommy passes away.  Also, the theory is not true.  They were a little upset at first, but then they begin to think about Rose, and how she just wanted the best for them.  I actually did not like this story much at the beginning, and I did not understand it much.  However, about the fourth chapter in, I started to find it interesting and felt intrigued to know what was going to happen next!  This book can relate to people in the real world a little bit because people always lose loved ones in their lives.  However, when someone we love dies, we have to move on gradually, and remember them in every step in our lives! 

Also, this book is in third person omniscient point of view because Ruth is the narrator.  However, she still is in the story and talks about all the other characters.

1 comment:

  1. Ruth doesn't narrate the book. Kathy does. And since she's a character in the story, it's first person limited.

    ReplyDelete