Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"The Pink Dog"- Imagery

"The Pink Dog" is a very interesting poem where one has to dig deep to really understand what it means.  There is also much imagery in this poem.  "Never have I seen a dog so bare."  The speaker is speaking of his sight; however, I do not feel the author is talking about a dog, but the speaker is talking about a poor person.  The speaker keeps referring to people who beg, or possibly prostitutes.  I think when the speaker says, "Naked and Pink," she is referring to naked as being someone who does not really have anything.  They are without their basic necessities in life.  I thought that pink may have meant burnt because they were talking about a beach at the beginning of the poem.  However, I do not know how being burnt from the sun would relate to a beggar.  This is where I am a little confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment