Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"I felt a Funeral, in my Brain"- Imagery

Dickinson's, "I felt a Funeral, in my Brain," is a little bit of a confusing poem that can have many different interpretations.  At first, I thought this poem was trying to describe someone having a nightmare.  However, after analyzing more closely, I came up with a better conclusion!  "Funeral, in my brain," is explaining that her head is going to go basically die.  The woman become mental at this point.  One of the most important lines throughout the poem was,"Plake in reason, broke."  This is saying that at that very second the woman became very crazy and lost her mind.  Also, there is much imagery throughout this poem, as well as many other poems!  "Like a drum."  This line describes imagery because it is saying that the service, or possibly the woman's mind "kept beating-beating."  At this point, I feel the woman thought her mind was going to explode.  Finally, one of the senses not described throughout this poem was the sense of sight; however, every other sense was mentioned.  The use of senses is used to show much imagery throughout the poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment