Monday, April 30, 2012

protagonist

"Excuse me!  But I know Edgar is in bed, and I cannot stop myself."  This was said by Isabella to Nelly.  Isabella came to Nelly asking her for help to get away from Wuthering Heights.  Heathcliff and Hindly have been fighting so much recently, and Heathcliff treats her terribly.  Nelly in the story I think is the protagonist.  She is the women who is telling the story of Wuthering Heights to Lockwood.  She always helps the family in the way she knows best.  She watches after little Catherine and Hareton.  The only time she failed as a caregiver or kind person was when she left Linton.  Linton was begging her not to leave him with such a monster, but she does anyways because she was afraid.  However, Nelly still seems like a very good person.

No comments:

Post a Comment