Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bible allusion

"Remember, that I am thy creature; I ought to be thy Adam, but I am rater the fallen angel, whom thou drivest from joy for no misdeed."  This was said by the creature when he was speaking to Frankenstein.  This is an example of an allusion because the creature was referring to Adam in the Bible.  I actually thought this whole chapter was a little ironic.  This is because the creature earlier did not even know how to speak, and now he is referring to things in the Bible.  Also, he has been watching this family and learning things from them.  In order to win them over, he wants to learn their language.  He wants to be able to communicate with them so he can explain himself because he does not want them to be afraid of him by his appearance.  I wonder if the family will be afraid of him, and this will cause him to become angry and evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment