Monday, April 30, 2012

antagonist

"Hallo Nelly," cried Mr. Heathcliff, when he saw me,"I feared I should have come down and fetch my property myself."  Here in this statement, Heathcliff is speaking about his son, Linton.  Linton is the son to both Heathcliff and Isabella.  Heathcliff is saying that Linton is his property, and that his mom is a skank.  He is very cruel to Linton and treats him more of a servant rather than his son.  I think that Heathcliff is the antagonist of the story because he is very cruel to everyone!  At the beginning, I would have said Hindly as the atagonist.  However, it seems that Heathcliff has done much more evil things in the story than Hindly has.  Heathclifff is just caught up in getting his revenge that he will make anyone's life miserable, even his own son.

No comments:

Post a Comment