Wednesday, February 15, 2012

William/ Act 5

"Five and twenty, sir."  This quote was said by William when Touchstone asked him how old he was.  In this scene, Touchstone threatened William that if he stayed around Audrey, he would kill him.  Because of this, William left and was never in the play again.  In my opinion, I truly do not know what the point of William being in the play was.  He was in there for a very short time, and then he never returned.  The point may have been to make Touchstone look very intimidating, but I am not sure.  Frankly, this story was a little strange to me.  There were some comical parts, but I just did not get the point of it.  However, unlike in usual Shakespeare stories, this one has a happy ending.  That was the best and most noticeable part to the play.     

No comments:

Post a Comment