Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"Bartleby the Scrivenes"

"Bartleby the Scrivenes" was a very long story.  Bartleby is a very unique character!  He is very awkward; however I find him kind of funny.  I think that he acts the way he does because he is scared to reach his full potential.  Also, only making copies as a career may have drove him a bit crazy!  However, he is actually a pretty hard worker.  "All who know me consider me an eminently safe man."  This quote describes the narrator.  He is the boss and a lawyer.  He is more of a push-over, and he is pretty sympathetic because he does not fire people, no matter how bad of a job he does.  Nippers and Turkey were characters who were not mentioned very much throughout the story.  However, I know that Nippers is a young, ambitious, and nervous man.  Also, Turkey is a man who can get irritated very easily.  I found these characters very interesting and funny!   

No comments:

Post a Comment